Limousine Rental Tips
Don't Make A Precious Mistake!
The biggest mistake you could make when hiring a limousine service is basing your decision solely on the "best price". This may translate into large risk for you. Do you want to accept the risk?
Risks You Accept When Shopping for the "Best Price"
- Your Limousine does not show up. You miss your event.
- The company you hire cancels your reservation at the last minute to accept another job from a higher bidding customer.
- Your limousine is late. You miss your flight.
- A 1987 model limousine arrives at your door when you were expecting a newer model. Instead of being lavished in luxury, you are embarassed.
- The limousine chauffeur exercises poor etiquette and bad service with your friends, family, or clients.
- Your limousine service gets into an accident and does not have proper insurance to cover the damages involved in your injuries.
- Your limousine shows up late for your wedding. The groom doesn't get to the church until 1 hour late amongst bewildered and disgruntled guests. Yet, you saved $50.
- Your limousine leaves you to pickup other jobs while your out dancing, eating and celebrating, you return to your limousine to find the limousine gone!
- The company you hired arrives with the limousine and advises you of the additional fees (hidden) that the reservationist "forgot" to tell you about.
Platinum Limousine Service recommends the following:
Ask to see the company's vehicles.
Check out the vehicle you plan on renting. Some companies utilize older fleets. You don't want to be surprised on your wedding day when a 1987 limousine shows up at the church when you were expecting a newer model!
Ask about industry associations.
Companies who belong to industry associations usually must abide by special insurance regulations and service rules. Reputable associations as the National Limousine Association (NLA) and the local livery associations are good indications that your service provider does their due diligence. Better Business Bureau also is a good research source- complaints about limousine services are not far behind auto mechanics complaints....
Ask about insurance and permits.
Check out the limousine company. Make sure they have the proper insurance and permits. Sometimes, the smallest allowable amounts are not enough to protect you, your friends, and your family!